The ingredients required for making Formulation of Concentrated Car Wash Shampoo are Linear Alkyl Benzene Sulphonic Acid (LABSA), Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate (70% SLES), Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS), Conditioner (Polymer/Wax), Coconut di-ethanol-amide (CDEA), Propylene Glycol, Glycerine, Color, Fragrance and Water.
Formulation of Concentrated Car Wash Shampoo
|Linear Alkyl Benzene Sulphonic Acid (LABSA)||5%|
|Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate (SLES)||20%|
|Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS)||5%|
|Coconut di-ethanol-amide (CDEA)||2%|
- Drum/Container/Vessel (in which all materials are going to be mixed)
- Container for making Sodium Hydroxide Solution (Lye).
- Agitator (Mixer connected with motor to mix the raw materials)
- pH meter
- Mass balance
- The Drum/Container/Vessel should be placed on horizontal surface.
- The Agitator or impeller attached with the motor should be inside that container and the height from bottom of the container should be kept as minimum to impose proper mixing.
The manufacturing process used in the Formulation of Concentrated Car Wash Shampoo requires some practice of balancing pH. This product is formed by the reaction of Acid and Base and then the addition of shampooing agents along with other conditioning agents that not only cleans the grim, dirt, dust from the car but also provides the smooth and silky final touches to the car exterior body; making the recipe must buy item. But it also requires some care and proper ventilation.
The manufacturing is divided to two parts:
- Acid Neutralization
- Addition of other Products
We will discuss the steps required for above mentioned parts individually:
- First, take about quarter of the water volume in separate container and add sodium hydroxide amount in it. Stir the mixture for few minutes and leave it to get cool.
- Meanwhile take rest of the water in mixing vessel and start motor to agitate the water.
- Add LABSA in the swirling water and let it dissolve completely. This process produces mild heating effect.
- From the first step, take the sodium hydroxide solution and start adding in the mixing vessel. Keep care of the pH. Stop where you get your desired pH around at 6-8.
Addition of other Products
- After Acid Neutralization, add the chemicals in the following manner:
- Propylene Glycol
- Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS)
- Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate (SLES)
- Coconut di-ethanol-amide (CDEA)
- Common Salt (Sodium Chloride) may be added to increase the viscosity. Don’t add too much of salt.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Use goggles, gloves and mask while handling acids and bases.
- Try to balance pH in short batch and then apply same ration to large batch.
- Do not look into the vessel during addition of all chemicals as SLS smokes in the air and alcohol evaporates.
IF YOU NEED ANY OF THE CHEMICAL MENTIONED ABOVE, YOU MAY BUY HERE: