The ingredients required for making Formulation of MPC GPC APC (Multi-Purpose-Cleaner / General-Purpose-Cleaner / All – Purpose – Cleaner) are nearly same to the ingredients required for manufacturing Liquid Dish Wash. Linear Alkyl Benzene Sulphonic Acid (LABSA), Sodium Hydroxide (Caustic Soda), Sodium Carbonate, Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol), Coconut diethanol amide (CDEA), Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate (SLES), Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS), Propylene Glycol, Glycerine, Color, Fragrance and Water.
|Linear Alkyl Benzene Sulphonic Acid (LABSA)||17.5%|
|Coconut di-ethanol-amide (CDEA)||2%|
|Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate (SLES)||10%|
|Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS)||2%|
- Drum/Container/Vessel (in which all materials are going to be mixed)
- Container for making Sodium Hydroxide Solution (Lye).
- Agitator (Mixer connected with motor to mix the raw materials)
- pH meter
- Mass balance
- The Drum/Container/Vessel should be placed on horizontal surface.
- The Agitator or impeller attached with the motor should be inside that container and the height from bottom of the container should be kept as minimum to impose proper mixing.
The manufacturing process used in the Formulation of Multi-Purpose-Cleaner / General-Purpose-Cleaner (MPC/GPC /APC) requires some practice of balancing pH. This product is formed by the reaction of Acid and Base. Thus, also requires some care and proper ventilation. The Main Active Ingredients in this formulation works very well in each aspect of cleaning. The manufacturing is divided to two parts:
- Acid Neutralization
- Addition of other Products
We will discuss the steps required for above mentioned parts individually:
- First, take about quarter of the water volume in separate container and add sodium hydroxide amount in it. Stir the mixture for few minutes and leave it to get cool.
- Meanwhile take rest of the water in mixing vessel and start motor to agitate the water.
- Add Sodium Carbonate in the water to make the basic solution.
- Then introduce LABSA in the swirling water and let it dissolve completely. This will cause excessive foaming. So be sure to have large vessel.
- From the first step, take the sodium hydroxide solution and start adding in the mixing vessel. Keep care of the pH. Stop where you get your desired pH around at 6-8.
Addition of other Products
- After Acid Neutralization, add the chemicals in the following manner:
- Propylene Glycol
- Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS)
- Ethyl Alcohol
- Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate (SLES)
- Coconut di-ethanol-amide (CDEA)
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Use goggles, gloves and mask while handling acids and bases.
- Try to balance pH in short batch and then apply same ration to large batch.
- Don’t ever dare to have flaming items around you when working with alcohols.
- Do not look into the vessel during addition of all chemicals as SLS smokes in the air and alcohol evaporates.
- If you want to thicken the recipe, you may add some amount of table salt that is sodium chloride.
IF YOU NEED ANY OF THE CHEMICAL MENTIONED ABOVE, YOU MAY BUY HERE: