The ingredients required for making Formulation of Thick Toilet Cleaner – Gel are Hydrochloric Acid (HCl), Phosphoric Acid, Linear Alkyl Benzene Sulphonic Acid (LABSA), Citric Acid, Acid Thickener and Water.
|Conc. Hydrochloric Acid (HCl)||20%|
|Linear Alkyl Benzene Sulphonic Acid (LABSA-96%)||2%|
|Color||~ Acid Blue Color|
- Drum/Container/Vessel (in which all materials are going to be mixed)
- Agitator (Mixer connected with motor to mix the raw materials)
- Mass balance
- The Drum/Container/Vessel should be placed on horizontal surface.
- The Agitator or impeller attached with the motor should be inside that container and the height from bottom of the container should be kept as minimum to impose proper mixing.
The manufacturing process used in the Formulation of Thick Toilet Cleaner – Gel is a time taking process because of the use of Acid Thickener. The main step is to dissolve the acid thickener in water and wait until the gum totally dissolves in water. The rest task is bit easier. Similar to Sweep manufacturing, this process also requires much more attention as compared to other detergent formulation processes due to the presence concentrated HCl which is fume causing strong acid and phosphoric acid. Secondly, Linear Alkyl Benzene Sulphonic Acid (commonly known as acid slurry or black oil) is also an acid and corrosive. So, proper ventilation, masks, gloves are essential requirements for making this product.
- Take 60% Water in the mixing vessel. (7% water should be kept for dissolving Citric Acid separately)
- Run the motor to turn on the agitator for mixing.
- Slowly add Acid Thickener in the swirling water. And wait for complete dissolution.
- After coagulates dissolves, add 2% of LABSA in the water and wait till homogeneous mixture forms.
- Then add citric acid solution made from the 7% kept water in step 1.
- Add mentioned amount of HCl very carefully without splashes and contacting. (Take Precautions)
- Similarly Pour Phosphoric Acid with care.
- Finally, add Color depending on your choice.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Use goggles, gloves and face mask.
- Well ventilated area is necessary.
- Do not look into the vessel during reaction.
- For addition of Acids, use siphon technique.
IF YOU NEED ANY OF THE CHEMICAL MENTIONED ABOVE, YOU MAY BUY HERE: